How can a marketing consultant help your small business?
As small business owner, you wear a lot of hats, often at once. And even more often than not, there are not enough hours in the day to give your marketing the attention it needs or teach yourself the necessary skills to succeed.
Hourly rate: £65
Daily rate: £450
Monthly retainer: from £150
Fixed rates: on request
Having an experienced small business marketer at your side can make the world of a difference when you need to answer questions like:
- Which marketing channels should I use to promote my business?
- How can I turn my followers, subscribers & web visitors into paying customers?
- What is the best way to beat my competition?
Marketing advice, support & training
There are lots of different ways to promote your products & services – marketing activities like search engine optimisation (SEO), social media & email newsletters as well as events, networking & public speaking, have proven to be very effective for small businesses in the past.
But the best marketing mix for your small business is as unique as your brand and getting help from somebody who knows the ins and outs of every marketing channel can save you a lot of time & money.
Benefit from my small business marketing experience – by getting my advice, support or bespoke in-house training for yourself & your team.
Get in touch now or read on to find out more about how I work & what I can help you with.
How I work
Let’s start by arranging a call or meeting up in person. It’s the best way to get to know each other & our businesses and see how we could work together.
Once we’ve hammered out the details, I’ll put together a proposal for you and we can get the ball rolling:
Once we’ve locked down our priorities & tasks, I can help you in the following ways:
What I do – and what I don’t do
Marketing covers many different areas and, while my background is in both offline and online marketing, there are some things I’d rather leave to the experts. Read on to find out more about how I can help you generate new business & stand out from the crowd.
That’s because you know your business & customers best. And by adding my marketing experience, we can establish the best way to achieve your goals – together.
Here are a few examples of what I can help you with:
- Creating a clear message to stand out from your competitors
- Identifying the best marketing mix for your small business
- Defining your USP, brand & marketing strategy
- Establishing a marketing plan for the next 12 months
- Improving your web content for search engines (SEO)
- Finding the right content for your blog, newsletter or social media
- Increasing referrals & repeat business
- and many more
Additionally, there are also a few tasks & marketing-related disciplines that require specific skills I simply don’t have. For example, I’m a copywriter, not a designer.
But that doesn’t mean I can’t help you: I have a large network of talented freelancers & experts and I will always be able to recommend somebody who can help you out.
And if you need help with creating a brief for a graphic designer, with project managing a new website or providing content for a new leaflet, I’d be happy to provide that.
I can’t help you with the following (but I know people who do):
- Digital advertising campaigns like Facebook or Google ads (PPC)
- Designing, developing & maintaining websites
- Creating logos & print marketing material
- Placing press articles about your business in national or international publications
- Represent your business at networking events
- Account managing & lead generation (by email or phone)
- Technical SEO & link building